Stockbridge is a small city in Henry County, Georgia, United States with a population of 25,636 as of the 2010 census. It is the hometown of the multi-platinum selling alternative rock/post-grunge band Collective Soul and home to one of the youngest starting pitchers ever to play for the Atlanta Braves, Kyle Davies, who also graduated from Stockbridge High School. Stockbridge is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. The area was settled in 1829 when Concord Methodist Church was organized near present today Old Stagecoach Road. It was granted a post office on April 5, 1847 named for a traveling Professor, Levi Stockbridge, who passed through the area many times before the Post Office was built. He was said to be well known and respected in his namesake community. Others contend that the city was named after Thomas Stock, who was State Surveyor and President of the Georgia State Senate in the 1820s. In 1881, the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad was to pass through Stockbridge between Macon and Atlanta. The settlers who owned the land about Old Stockbridge asked so much for their land that two prominent Atlanta citizens, John W. Grant and George W. Adair, bought a tract about a mile south of Old Stockbridge and offered lots at a reasonable price. Here the railroad built their depot and many lots were sold. The depot was located about 600 feet (180m) north of what is now North Henry Blvd but was destroyed by the Southern Railway in the early 1980s. Stockbridge was incorporated as a town in 1895 and as a city August 6, 1920.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 2 Beds, 1 Bathlot 21,780 sqftMLS 88352431 Days on Market
- $49,9000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.13 acMLS 88351621 Days on Market
- $39,9000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.10 acMLS 88351581 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 4 BathsMLS 88349981 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 3 BathsMLS 88350181 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 3 BathsMLS 88350111 Days on Market
- $115,0003 Beds, 2 Baths2,618 sqft lot 14,375 sqftMLS 88347901 Days on Market
- $299,9005 Beds, 4 Baths3,677 sqft lot 16,728 sqftMLS 88345972 Days on Market
- $199,9003 Beds, 2 BathsMLS 88341802 Days on Market
- 3 Beds, 2 Baths1,668 sqft lot 1.95 acMLS 88343943 Days on Market
- $151,5003 Beds, 2 Baths1,596 sqft lot 21,780 sqftMLS 88338803 Days on Market
- $139,9993 Beds, 2 Bathslot 2,614 sqftMLS 88336993 Days on Market
- 3 Beds, 2 Baths2,050 sqft lot 13,068 sqftMLS 88336153 Days on Market
- $372,9005 Beds, 4 Baths3,886 sqft lot 17,424 sqftMLS 88331903 Days on Market
- $129,9002 Beds, 2 Baths1,120 sqft lot 31,059 sqftMLS 88334074 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 2 Bathslot 17,424 sqftMLS 88332764 Days on Market
- $341,0204 Beds, 4 Bathslot 2,178 sqftMLS 88331924 Days on Market
- $195,0004 Beds, 3 Bathslot 872 sqftMLS 88331744 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 3 Baths2,312 sqft lot 2,178 sqftMLS 88327324 Days on Market
- $239,9004 Beds, 3 Baths2,684 sqftMLS 88326714 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths2,572 sqft lot 3.30 acMLS 88329315 Days on Market
- 3 Beds, 2 Baths1,350 sqft lot 25,265 sqftMLS 88324535 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 3 BathsMLS 88322286 Days on Market
- 5 Beds, 4 Baths4,062 sqftMLS 88322236 Days on Market
- $155,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,324 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 88214337 Days on Market
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of GAMLS. All real estate listings are marked with the GAMLS Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2020 GAMLS. All rights reserved.