Stockbridge is a small city in Henry County, Georgia, United States with a population of 25,636 as of the 2010 census. It is the hometown of the multi-platinum selling alternative rock/post-grunge band Collective Soul and home to one of the youngest starting pitchers ever to play for the Atlanta Braves, Kyle Davies, who also graduated from Stockbridge High School. Stockbridge is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. The area was settled in 1829 when Concord Methodist Church was organized near present today Old Stagecoach Road. It was granted a post office on April 5, 1847 named for a traveling Professor, Levi Stockbridge, who passed through the area many times before the Post Office was built. He was said to be well known and respected in his namesake community. Others contend that the city was named after Thomas Stock, who was State Surveyor and President of the Georgia State Senate in the 1820s. In 1881, the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad was to pass through Stockbridge between Macon and Atlanta. The settlers who owned the land about Old Stockbridge asked so much for their land that two prominent Atlanta citizens, John W. Grant and George W. Adair, bought a tract about a mile south of Old Stockbridge and offered lots at a reasonable price. Here the railroad built their depot and many lots were sold. The depot was located about 600 feet (180m) north of what is now North Henry Blvd but was destroyed by the Southern Railway in the early 1980s. Stockbridge was incorporated as a town in 1895 and as a city August 6, 1920.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $224,9003 Beds, 2 Baths1,632 sqftMLS 89599121 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 2 BathsMLS 89595061 Days on Market
- $439,0005 Beds, 4 Bathslot 30,449 sqftMLS 89592522 Days on Market
- $324,9004 Beds, 4 Baths3,913 sqft lot 41,775 sqftMLS 89592182 Days on Market
- MLS 89590212 Days on Market
- MLS 89590082 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 10,890 sqftMLS 89588792 Days on Market
- 3 Beds, 2 Bathslot 2,178 sqftMLS 89596324 Days on Market
- $140,0003 Beds, 2 BathsMLS 89586424 Days on Market
- $169,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,704 sqft lot 19,167 sqftMLS 89585904 Days on Market
- $114,9000 Beds, 0 Bathlot 12.88 acMLS 89592605 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 10.00 acMLS 89576105 Days on Market
- $229,0003 Beds, 2 BathsMLS 89571746 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths2,357 sqft lot 18,513 sqftMLS 89518347 Days on Market
- 4 Beds, 2 Baths1,512 sqft lot 2,614 sqftMLS 89566017 Days on Market
- $2,100,000lot 2.27 acMLS 89565117 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.82 acMLS 89562107 Days on Market
- lot 9.81 acMLS 89561547 Days on Market
- $203,5003 Beds, 2 Baths1,692 sqftMLS 89595898 Days on Market
- $190,0003 Beds, 2 Baths1,516 sqftMLS 89562888 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.51 acMLS 89558678 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 26,136 sqftMLS 89558618 Days on Market
- 0 Beds, 0 Bathlot 1.18 acMLS 89558558 Days on Market
- 3 Beds, 3 Baths2,039 sqft lot 1.40 acMLS 89554258 Days on Market
- 6 Beds, 4 Baths3,043 sqftMLS 89554159 Days on Market
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker ReciprocitySM Program of GAMLS. All real estate listings are marked with the GAMLS Broker ReciprocitySM thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The broker providing these data believes them to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2021 GAMLS. All rights reserved.